Sunday, December 25, 2016

December 19: Week 2 at the MTC

Elder Jeffery R. Holland + The Piano Guys

Elder Holland (one of the twelve apostles) came to the MTC last Tuesday! We were in the middle of singing a prelude hymn when he walked in and there was an audible gasp. I felt the spirit more that day than any other day in my life. Some things he said that stuck out to me:

"Be yourself, but be the best self you can be."

"It's not easy for you because it wasn't easy for Him."

"Either Joseph Smith really did translate the Book of Mormon or Joseph Smith was a liar. There is no in between." Muito paraphrased.

IDK if you can find the recording on BYUtv or anything, but I sang in the choir for the opening hymn and I think I'm in the recording!

Wednesday we had our best lesson yet. (It was on the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.) The spirit lit up that classroom. Our teacher challenged us to take a leap of faith. And the results were amazing. During the lesson I felt confident in what I was saying, because I knew what it meant and it was the truth!

Funny story: Sister Ostler fell asleep in class on Thursday. Dreaming that she tripped over a dog, she spazzed in her sleep and sent her copy of PMG flying, right in the middle of Irmao Coelho's testimony. 

Last night the Piano Guys came and spoke during Sunday night devotional! They had some good thoughts on measuring our spirituality by seeing how quickly we turn to God. Also, Humility = constant dependence on God. It was so nice to hear them play music! I love hearing the piano played so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment