Monday, July 24, 2017

May 16: The week I said goodbye to Sister Herrell

I have a new companion! Sister Tamblay, from Chile! She speaks spanish,and portuguese as second language. Sister Herrell was super great and really tried to keep on working until the very end of her mission.

Our ward put on a stake show de talento. We had some awesome muscial numbers from the members and missionaries.

We taught this couple who are Espirito. They were very respectful. "So, all you´re asking is for us to find out for ourselves." Well, yes. :)

 We invited ______ (14), the brother of _______ and _______, to be baptized, and he wanted to! So he was baptized on Saturday and confirmed on Sunday!

We clapped at this door and this very old lady answered. We started to invite her to church and she interrupted, saying "I´m almost dead!" afterward though she said we were sent from God and let us say a little prayer.

We had a family home evening with a menos ativo and her husband who is not a member. There was such a sweet spirit there. Families are so beautiful!

Last week we did some shopping. I bought a soccer jersey and a backpack for transfers as well as a journal for other missionaries to write in when I get transfered. I also bought some sweets for two sisters which made them really happy! 

On Saturday I ate a lot of food since it was Sis. Herrell´s last day in the field and everybody gave us comida. 

Mother´s day, I got to see my family on skype, which made me happy. :)

We talked with this old man that he feels like the spirit has left him because he prays 3x a day for God to take his life and God wouldn´t grant him his wish. Afterward Sister Herrell and I had a talk about not praying for something that is against God´s will, and not living life always impatient for the next step, but to enjoy where you are. It´s true sometimes I fall into this trap. It makes me unhappy to always be waiting for the next step. So it´s good to be grateful for what you have, where you are, and what you´re doing with your time:)



No comments:

Post a Comment